A Summer full of Strawberries...
Updated: Aug 20, 2019
I’m pretty sure that when you think of summer in Britain, strawberries come to mind. From Wimbledon to summer cocktails, Strawberries take centre stage as one of the beat berries in summer that are grown in Britain. So I thought I’d celebrate them in style with simply the strawberry itself. Plus an addition of a strawberry ganache and a hazelnut biscuit base. This is definitely a showstopper for a summer soirée or two!
You will need a 25cm ring
For the biscuit base:
50g Roasted Hazelnuts, chopped
For the Ganache:
240g Good quality white chocolate
120ml Fresh strawberry puree
Small and large strawberries
Strawberry and white chocolate macaroons- see recipe!
Lets start with the base...
1. In a food processor, blitz the biscuits so that they are a fine powder. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a bag and bash with a rolling pin.
2. In a small pan, melt the butter.
3. Mix together the biscuits, butter and the hazelnuts until well combined. Then press into the ring (which has been lined on a baking tray) to form a base. Chill until required.
Now the ganache:
Just quickly about the puree. I used a blender to blitz fresh strawberries to make the puree. No need to sieve as it adds more texture to the ganache. Make sure to weigh a little extra than 120g strawberries and weigh accordingly after you've made the puree.
1. In a small pan, heat up the puree and glucose to boil.
2. In three inclusions, add the puree to the chocolate continually stirring until the chocolate has melted and completely emulsified.
3. Then pour the ganache on top of the biscuit base making sure it is flat and smooth.
4. Place in the freezer and leave until frozen or set enough so that you can remove it from the ring easily.
1. Remove the dessert from the ring. It should be easy to remove without any heat or knife.
Now to decorate!
Put LOADS of strawberries on top, you can add other fruit if you wish...
Decorate with edible flowers and some strawberry macaroons - see recipe!