Blueberry Crumble Muffins
This super duper moist blueberry muffin, will certainly cheer up your day! These muffins are light, fluffy and stuffed full of blueberries. A delicious breakfast treat, served warm or cold, these will go down well with everyone! Really easy and straightforward to make, you'll be making them all the time!
The best time for blueberries in the UK is July so make the most of them by baking these muffins! This will be the time when they are the juiciest and sweetest, they will make your muffins even more yummy.
Makes 8 large Muffins
113g Melted Butter
225g Caster Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
90g Natural Yoghurt
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
140g Plain flour
45g Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
90g Melted Butter
1. Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cases or baking parchment.
2.In a bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, buttermilk, yoghurt and salt.
3. Fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture. Toss the blueberries in 1 tbsp flour, so that when they are added into the mix, they don't sink. Add the blueberries to the mixture. Make sure not to over mix!
4. Pour the mix into the prepared muffin tins, fill to about 3/4 full. Set aside whilst you make the crumble.
5. Mix all the crumble ingredients together until lumps form. Sprinkle this crumble on top of the muffins.
6. Bake in the oven for 12-15minutes until when a knife is inserted it comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
They are best eaten fresh on the day but will be good for another day. Make sure to store in an airtight container.