Raspberry and Almond Cake
Updated: Jul 24, 2019
I just LOVE raspberries.. anything with raspberries on a menu or in a patisserie shop, I seem to just gravitate towards. What I love more is the fact that they can be grown in my garden! Raspberry and Almond is a classic flavour combination and this cake kind of reminds me of a bakewell tart (minus the cherry). The freshness of the raspberry really add some lovely sweetness and acidity to the sponge which makes this a perfect summer snack or dessert!
You will need 16cm ring or cake tin.
1 tsp. vanilla extract
100g Ground almonds
1/2 tsp. salt
200g fresh raspberries
1. Grease the 16cm ring with butter. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. In a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix until pale and fluffy.
3. Slowly add the eggs to the mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Fold in the almonds to the mixture. Then pour into the tin and bake in the preheated oven for about 12mins or until golden brown.
5. Whilst the sponge is in the oven, it's time to make the jam! Place the raspberries and sugar into a small pan, keep stirring and bring to the boil.
6. Continue to cook until 105 degrees. To adjust the consistency of the jam add some lemon juice.
7. To finish the cake, remove the sponge from the tin and place on a plate which you would like to serve it on.
8. Spread the jam over the top of the cake.
9. To arrange the raspberries, cut them in half and arrange in concentric circles.