Rhubarb and Vanilla Jam
I am in love with rhubarb.. This rhubarb and vanilla jam goes perfectly with my rhubarb and ginger loaf. It will also be great on toast or anything that jam goes with! Which is everything right?! Make sure to use the best rhubarb you can find, of course it has to be yorkshire rhubarb!
60g Liquid Pectin
1 Vanilla Pod
Juice 1/2 lemon or to taste
1. Chop the rhubarb into small pieces, place in a pan, add the sugar and vanilla and bring to a slow simmer and cook until the rhubarb starts to sweat.
2. Continuously stirring, heat the jam on a low/medium heat. Once the jam starts to boil, add the pectin.
3. Continue to cook until it reaches around 105 degrees celsius.
4. A way to test the jam to see if it is cooked is to put some on a cold spoon and see if it starts to set.
5. Taste the jam and adjust the sweetness to your preference with the lemon juice.
6. Pour into a container and leave to cool.