Tart for breakfast anyone?!
I think I'm not the only person to think that brunch is pretty awesome. For someone who also loves everything sweet, this tart hits the spot. A blackberry and yoghurt mousse encased with a Granola crust. Topped with the most luscious and seasonal berries I could find, what could be better for a weekend morning breakfast?!
You will need: 25cm round or square tin
For the Tart Crust:
300g Porridge oats
5g Sea salt
150g Crunchy peanut butter
For the Mousse:
4 leaves gelatine
75g Blackberry puree
20g Lemon Juice
200ml Whipping Cream
200g Full fat natural yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. To make the tart crust, place the oats and salt in a bowl. In a small pan, melt the honey and peanut butter until liquid.
2. Pour the honey and peanut butter into the oats and mix together until well combined. Pour into the desired tin, using the back of a spoon to press into the sides and base ensuring there are no gaps.
3. Place into the preheated oven, bake for about 8-10mins until golden brown.
4. To make the mousse, Soak the gelatine in cold water to soften it.
5. In a pan, place the puree, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and add the softened gelatine. Stir to dissolve gelatine and leave to cool until lukewarm.
6. Meanwhile, whip the cream until soft peaks.
7. Once the puree is cool, fold in the yoghurt. And then in two inclusions, fold in the cream.
8. Pour the mousse into the baked tart case and then place in the fridge and chill until set.
9. Once set, decorate the tart with fresh berries and flowers (if you like!) I've used blackberries, blackcurrants, blueberries, raspberries and cherries.