The King of all Brownies..
Updated: Aug 20, 2019
Can you really go wrong with a good brownie? I'm such a sucker for them and over the years of working as a pastry chef, I've been able to create this recipe which has the perfect balance of chocolatliness, nuttiness from the gianduja and tartness from the raspberries. Gianduja can be hard to find in shops but is pretty easy online!! This is easily made into traditional squares or go a bit different with the slices! Both just as delicious!
You will need a 25cm ring or 20cm square tin
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
150g Dark Chocolate
100g Gianduja, chopped
130g Dark Chocolate
110g Whipping cream
1. Grease and line the ring and place on a baking tray. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. In a bain marie, melt together the chocolate and the butter, leave to cool.
3. In a mixer, whisk together the sugar, eggs and salt until pale and fluffy.
4. Slowly add the chocolate and butter to the eggs whilst still mixing.
5. Sift together the flour and the baking powder
6. Fold in the flour into the mixture, making sure not to over mix.
7. Fold in the gianduja and raspberries, then pour into the ring.
8. Bake for about 20 mins (tip: it is better to underbake than overbake)
9. To make the ganache, in a pan heat up the cream and glucose until it starts to boil.
10. Pour 1/3 of the cream over the chocolate, using a spatula, mix until the chocolate starts to melt. Continue to add the cream in small inclusions and mix until fully emulsified.
11. Pour the ganache onto the top of the brownie and leave to set
12. Decorate with hazelnuts and raspberries.