Who doesn't love a Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie?
I don't know about you.. but I find there is something so irresistible about a chocolate cookie. Being a chocolate lover, I had to create the most chocolatey cookie I could. With 2 different types of chocolate inside the cookie and then a generous drizzle of dark chocolate on top.. what is there not to love?!
This cookie is what you would call the 'Classic' American style soft cookie. In my opinion this is the best kind! It's really important when baking these cookies, to not over bake them, otherwise you won't achieve that soft chewy texture you desire. Also, if you are someone like me who really doesn't like things too overly sweet ( I know surprising right?!) don't be stingy with the sea salt. The salt really cuts the sweetness and enhances the flavour of the cookie to just make it better! Plus who doesn't love that sweet and salty combo?!
125g Butter, softened
225g Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt Flakes
200g Self Raising Flour
25g Cocoa Powder
100g White Chocolate Chunks
100g Milk Chocolate Chunks
50g Dark Chocolate, melted
Pinch of Sea Salt Flakes
1. In a free standing mixer, cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until pale and fluffy.
2. Add the egg to the mix, and continue mixing.
3. Add the Cocoa powder, flour and chocolate. Mix on a low speed just until it has combined, make sure not to over mix otherwise the cookies will become tough.
4. Roll into 16 balls. Place on a tray lined with baking paper, then chill for a couple hours or overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Flatten the balls slightly and place on a tray, making sure they are spaced out enough as they do spread a lot!
6. Bake for about 8-10 mins. The key is to not over bake them, it is better to be slightly under as you want them to be soft and chewy. They should have hardened on the outside, but still lovely and soft on the inside.
7. Once they are out of the oven, tap the tray on a hard surface to make them lovely and flat.
8. When they are cool, drizzle dark chocolate over the top and sprinkle some sea salt flakes over the cookie.
And that's it! I hope you enjoy them!